How on God's green earth do y'all deal with single static ip address for
customer(s) ?

It seems like it's always a pain to figure out how to deal with my customers
that buy single static ip addresses from us.

In other words, they buy a single static ip address out of a class c that is
able to be switched and routed in that area of the network where they
currently reside..BUT, then they want to move locations and KEEP their
existing static ip.

Now I would probably think that some of y'all would say, tell the customer
they have to renumber.  But what if we want to let them keep it?  Or if the
network change is massive and initiated by us..and it's to our benefit to do
the network change without the customer knowing..then I have to figure out
cute ways to solve..

I have implemented some host routing on occasion whereas I do /32 routes to
allow the one-off's..but this isn't perfect and is strange for natural
arp'ing to what should be a contiguous subnet is broken up to the utter most
parts of the L3 cloud.

I have started working with some L2VPN/MPLS stuff to backhaul customers to
get back into their pre-existing bcast domain so they can maintain that IP.

Is there some cpe devices or methods by which SP's deal with this ?  This
can't be a new challenge?  (I've only worked in the ISP realm for 4 years,
so it's fairly new to me, but I know in these 4 years it's always a point of
frustration)

Aaron