On 7/15/12 8:10 PM, John Gill wrote:
Hi Dan,
If you have Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) on your switches, you can
configure the gateway to be at trusted port and and use DHCP snooping to
keep track of who should have which ARP entry. If you do not want to
use DHCP snooping, you can use ARP ACL to statically configure ARP
inspection.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/dynarp.html
This can effectively keep someone from mascaraing as your gateway
router. If your goal is to keep NAT gateways from being used where they
present their outside address to you, I don't have an easy answer for
that off the top of my head.
Regards,
John Gill
cisco
On 7/15/12 6:16 PM, Dan Letkeman wrote:
Wondering if anyone has any tricks for disabling the use of any NAT
gateways? I know the best way is to remove it physically, but in the
case of guest access and mobile devices its sometimes difficult to do
so. Now that many devices can act as a hotspot, some of these devices
are becoming difficult to find. I have looked into ACL's with ttl
requirements, but I could not seem to get it to work like I wanted.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/