All,

Hopefully I can explain this correctly. I'm having an issue with communication 
(telnet/ssh) from a public server to remote private nodes. The issue is the 
return path, private IPs can't route via the INET. So, my initial thought was 
to plug the servers into the ASA and give them private IPs. However, these 
servers actively monitor our private IPs. If I change the IP of the server(s) 
this will require a lot of manual changes. The private nodes will need to be 
updated  to allow the new private IP access.  
I'm thinking I need to configure static PAT or some sort of NAT. This is where 
I'm stuck and don't fully understand how to implement. The setup is below:

Public Server(s) -[ROUTER]---ASA====tunnel=====ASA--[ROUTER] Private IP 
(10.1.0.0/17)

Again, I need to allow these servers telnet and ssh access (we run scripts from 
these servers). I've been reading the ASA 5505 configuration guide, but I'm at 
a stand still now. The inside and outside interfaces plug into my upstream 
router.  The servers are actively monitoring all the private nodes via the 
tunnel, but I can't telnet/ssh to these devices from the public servers 
(asymmetrical routing). If anyone has previous experience with this type of 
setup I would greatly appreciate some direction/assistance. 
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to