Hi,

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, s m wrote:
thanks Juergen
what i've got from your words is: for connecting modem to cisco we should
reverse send and receive while for connecting cisco to PC it should be
straight. is it true or i  misunderstand what you mean?

exactly the opposite:

For Cisco to PC you need a rolled cable as both devices classify as DTE (Data
Terminal Equipment).

For Cisco to Modem you need a straight cable as the modem is a DCE (Date
Communication Equipment).

The blue console cable is a rolled cable. If you look at the connectors closely
and you will see the colors reversed.

So just grab a regular patch cable and you should be fine.

Greetings
Christain

this connection is so important for me therefore i want to buy a cable but
don't know what exactly cable i should buy. please help me to buy a correct
one.

thanks for your attention