On 01/10/2013 11:24 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

Hello.

CSCsb70129 means an ERSPAN session which is in administrative shutdown
("shutdown" issued in the ERSPAN config), might start to ERSPAN traffic
even though the config says otherwise. Triggers might be that the source
port specified in the ERSPAN config goes down and comes up again (there
are others, like changing the config).

So *that's* what triggered it. We saw this a while back - I didn't spend any time on it at all (and opening a TAC case for anything other than an enormously obvious bug is a waste of time these days) but assumed it had been fixed in later SW.


So I recommend everybody to not leave ERSPAN session config around in
shutdown state, instead delete whole or partial config (deleting source
interface should be sufficient).

The bug is closed and there are no plans to fix this it seems, which I
find very strange. I have escalated this.

That's pretty tragic. I might poke our AM and chime in with support.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to