Hello,

Maybe this can help a little bit?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_1t/12_1t3/feature/guide/dt_hsrpi.html#wp1027154

Cheers,
Calin

On 02/11/2013 05:22 PM, Phil Mayers wrote:
On 11/02/13 15:18, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
"show standby redirect" should provide some info.

Not that I can see:

Interface    Redirects Unknown   Adv      Holddown
VlXXX        enabled   enabled   30       180

Active       Hits  Interface Group Virtual IP            Virtual MAC
local        0     Vl9       0     x.x.x.1 0000.0c9f.f000

Since these redirects are controlled by HSRP (which changes the internal IPs), maybe there is no way to change their
interval.

Maybe. The specific thing I'm interested in is understanding how the forwarding happens, and what path the punts take (via CoPP, MLS limits, or other); I'm assuming from the lack of CPU problems on this box that the PFC/DFC is forwarding the packets, except for the ones it is leaking to the CPU, but I can't be sure.

There is a command to disable them though.

Maybe, but I want to understand the problem before I do that, and to do that, I need to understand the path the packets take through the box.