On Monday, January 21, 2013 09:11:09 PM David Freedman wrote: > I doubt many people make use of an IS-IS default (as I'm > sure the L1/ATT behaviour is also seen as an annoyance > in modern IP networks), many networks I've seen running > IS-IS and BGP tend to do all their routing in the iBGP > and keep IS-IS for pure infrastructure prefixes > (loopbacks and sometimes transfer networks).
Indeed.
In multi-level networks, an L1/L2 router will set the
Attached Bit (i.e., announce a default route). This is sub-
optimal as IGP's are meant to provide more specificity
toward destinations.
We disable the Attached Bit ('ignore-attached-bit' - a
hidden command in IOS) on all IS-IS instances.
> In your scenario, the default can be brought from your
> external peers into your iBGP, this would seem quite
> sensible since you would be avoiding redistribution
> and/or conditional default advertisement (which you can
> achieve with IS-IS through the use of route-maps).
Right.
Mark.
signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.
_______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
