On Sun, 21 Jul 2013, Aled Morris wrote:

On 21 July 2013 19:42, Gert Doering <g...@greenie.muc.de> wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 05:17:15PM +0100, Aled Morris wrote:
It's interesting that even the Cat 6500 family now has a "fabric
extender"
option for distributing switching capability into smaller/more localised
wiring closets.

It has?  I missed that, could you point me to more details?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps13198/index.html

"This solution connects Cisco Catalyst 6800ia access switches to Cisco
Catalyst 6500 or 6800 Series core switches. The entire configuration works
as a single extended switch with a single management domain."

That must be pissing off the Nexus unit.