Hi,

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 08:24:55AM +0000, Dobbins, Roland wrote:
> Why are you allowing DNS responses from outside your network to
> your subscribers at all, excepting Google DNS, OpenDNS, and anything
> specifically arranged for specific customers (the assumption is
> that you're running a consumer broadband access network)?

Some folks sell *Internet* access.  That means "Internet", not "Internet
minus all the stuff we like to filter today".

I'd terminate my contract if my ISP would take away the ability to query
"foreign" DNS servers (usually done to troubleshoot things), to run
traceroutes, to ping stuff, etc.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        g...@net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de