On (2014-01-14 21:44 +0200), Mark Tinka wrote: > The ME2600X is great, but lacks the Layer 3 and MPLS > capabilities (along with a few QoS restrictions, but still > better than any other switches in Cisco's arsenal).
I took a look at ME2600X recently, looks like forwarding-plane is StrataXGS Triumph BCM56624 and control-plane is QorIQ P2020. Forwarding-plane seem very capable. And you actually can configure MPLS on it, LDP gets up, CEF gets populated, even platform specific commands imply HW is programmed for labels. Didn't push any traffic through it, I'll try to find time/motivation in next few weeks to test if it actually work (not that I'm going to use MPLS on it, as it's not listed as being supported so that's big no-no) But why did Cisco see this much trouble with MPLS, unless they planned to start supporting it? And they pretty much have to, if they want to compete with SAS-M. -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
