[Follow-up to list]

We thought it was the module, so we moved to another WS-X6708-10GE module but the problem persisted. On a whim, an engineer decided to remove an ACL that is in use on 20+ other routers and the problem went away. Adding even a simple ACL caused all transit traffic to stop. Locally generated traffic (e.g. BGP) went through fine.

Also, adding an IPv6 ACL would stop all IPv4 traffic.

Needless to say, we have a TAC case opened.

--
Devon

Devon True <mailto:de...@noved.org>
Friday, 14 March, 2014 12:07 PM
Twice in the past two weeks, a Cisco 7600 router with a Sup3BXL has stopped egress traffic from a port on a WS-X6708-10GE module to one of our Internet providers. All other circuits on the same WS-X6708-10GE module are fine. BGP with the provider never goes down, however bandwidth drops from ~500 Mbps to < 1 Mbps. During the second event, I looked at the CEF table for the interface and I saw the appropriate entries. I had to restore traffic levels by shutting down BGP with the provider.

I have a ticket opened with Cisco TAC, but has anyone seen this issue before?

Running 15.2(4)S2 Enterprise

--
Devon