On (2014-06-04 17:09 +0300), Martin T wrote: > is used to sync RIB with FIB or ARP database with Adjacency Database > on platforms which support CEF. Is it some sort of proprietary bus on > most platforms? I guess while 1800 series ISR routers, Cisco 4500 > series SUP and Cisco 3750 series switches all have the "control-plane" > interface present, then actually different underlying technologies > might be used for this interface/bus?
Software boxes like 1800 don't need such connection, as it's single cpu. The main reason such interface is needed is if device is distributed, you need some connection to upload for example FIB. I think it's almost universally ethernet interface, that is is cheap and easy, as the linecard SOC and control-plane SOC both come with ethernet, it's pretty obvious choice. I guess it could be just PCI connection too, but not sure if that exists. I think 6500/7600/ASR9k all call this interface 'EOBC', ethernet out-of-band channel. -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
