From: cisco-nsp [mailto:cisco-nsp-boun...@puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Gabriel
Sent: terça-feira, 12 de Agosto de 2014 14:36
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [c-nsp] ASR1001 RAM

Hi,

we have 2 ASR1001 in one location. They each receive a full table from
different providers and have an iBGP session between them. One of them
generated this message today:

*Aug 11 23:11:16.983: %FIB-2-FIBDOWN: CEF has been disabled due to a low memory
condition. It can be re-enabled by configuring "ip cef [distributed]"

For some reason, it only saw 500k prefixes today (I'm assuming the provider is
doing some aggregation before sending the full table?).
I had to put some filtering in place and then re-enabled CEF. IOS-XE version is
3.07.01.S.152-4.S1

We have the exact same setup in another location (with different ISPs). The
only difference is the IOS-XE version: 3.06.00.S.152-2.S. I saw one of these
exceed 500k and there were no error messages whatsoever.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 9:35 PM, Rich Lewis <rle...@sis.tv> wrote:
> Those memory figures below are from an ASR1001 running IOS-XE 03.09.00.S /
> 15.3(2)S.
>
> What was the image that you ran into memory issues with? Just so I
> know to avoid it! :-)

>>> 982424 path entries using 110031488 bytes of memory BGP using