Hi all,
I'm looking for a bit of advice on a system/process that will allow an end user
to restore a switch config.

I have a customer with a 24/7 site running a number of Catalyst switches. Due
to the nature of the operation, we have a 'warm' spare switch ready to replace
any failures.
Traditionally we have a standardised configuration across all devices (all the
same model as well), but I need to start having unique configurations on the
switches. (Getting too many wasted ports due to multiple VLANs etc.)The users
on site are electricians, so they're not 'untechnical', but they're certainly
not familiar with networking.
I'm wondering if anyone has come across this before, and has any ideas?At the
moment I'm leaning towards having the spare switch running on the network with
an IP address and not much else, then having a script that will prompt the user
for the switch that's failed, and then copy it to the startup config and
reboot. It's not particularly nice or foolproof...

Cheers,Josh