Thought I have the number in my notes somewhere but I don't and it looks like 
it's not that obvious searching the net.
According to this link: 
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/117712-problemsolution-cat6500-00.html
It looks like mcast route takes so much memory as an IPv6 prefix right?
 


adam
> -----Original Message-----
> From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of
> harbor235
> Sent: 12 May 2015 17:20
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [c-nsp] multicast routing tabel
> 
> I want to ensure that enabling multicast does not overwhelm my router
> memory resources, does anyone know how to estimate memory
> requirements for
> multicast?
> 
> Specifics:
> PIM Sparse mode, Auto RP feature enabled, and 24 RPs. I realize that this
> is a function of  sources and streams. I want to estimate the added memory
> consumption.
> 
> 
> thanks in advance,
> 
> 
> Mike
> _______________________________________________
> cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
> archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by 
Mimecast.
 For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to