> Mohammad Khalil
> Sent: 13 May 2015 07:57
> 
> Hi all
> I have a question regarding BGP
> I have MPLS network consisting of several P and PE routers with VPNv4
> address-family in place
> The default behavior for BGP is that it will establish a neighbor by default
> under the ipv4 address-family
> I do not have any ipv4 prefixes advertised on these routers
> I can disable this behavior by no bgp default ipv4-unicast , but my question 
> is
> if the router is already running , will the default behavior of BGP will 
> affect
> resources?
> 
> Thanks
> 
Hi Mohammad,
If you are not advertising any prefixes via the IPv4 AF then no additional 
resources are consumed.
At your current stage it's a mere capability being negotiated over the common 
TCP session.
However If you now decide to disable it at either end the TCP session will 
reset affecting your VPNv4 prefixes.
 
adam
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by 
Mimecast.
 For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to