Jason,

3560 has a small buffer, which may cause performance problems depending on the 
traffic patterns you see (microbursts are what overwhelms the buffer).  I would 
suggest looking at 3650 instead - newer and more powerful.  As someone else 
mentioned, you'll need the IPSERVICES license, which drives up the cost.  
Again, depending on the amount and pattern of traffic, a pair of 29XX with a 
pair of 3650s with LAN BASE licenses may be more functional and more economical.

Sincerely,
Michael Malitsky

------------------------------
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:43:40 -0700
From: Jason Berenson <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: [c-nsp] Multihoming
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"; format=flowed

Greetings,

Was interested in getting any pointers anyone might have about multihoming.  
I've got an ASN and am working on a /24 from ARIN now.  I was thinking about a 
pair of Cisco 3560's one for each provider and I was going to take default 
routes from each, one with a higher metric and announce my prefix over the 
primary link and pad the secondary link.  No customer or full tables needed.

I was thinking about vlan'ing each switch into half public half private side 
also.  Any pointers or tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.  
It's been a while since doing this type of stuff.

Thanks!

Jason.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to