Hi all,

I'm working on an EEM script which is triggered by an IP SLA down state on an ASR1000 running IOS-XE 3.11.1S. While the IP SLA entry detects the state properly, the EEM does not trigger. I'm not finding anything relevant on the bug toolkit, and I am not seeing anything with my Google-fu.

Here's the configuration:

ip sla 1
 icmp-echo 1.1.1.1 source-ip 1.1.1.2
 vrf GREEN
 tag SITE-DOWN
 frequency 5
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now
!
event manager applet SITE-DOWN
 description Site 1.1.1.1 is down
 event ipsla operation-id 1
 action 1.0 syslog priority critical msg "ALERT: Site 1.1.1.1 is down"
!

And here is what I see when I look the status of the IP SLA entry and the EEM entry. IP SLA looks fine, the EEM isn't triggering despite being registered.

rtr5#sh ip sla statistics 1
IPSLAs Latest Operation Statistics

IPSLA operation id: 1
        Latest RTT: NoConnection/Busy/Timeout
Latest operation start time: 11:42:21 EST Mon Jan 18 2016
Latest operation return code: Timeout
Number of successes: 0
Number of failures: 301
Operation time to live: Forever
!
rtr5#sh event manager policy registered
No. Class Type Event Type Trap Time Registered Name 1 applet user ipsla Off Mon Jan 18 11:24:46 2016 SITE-DOWN
 operation-id {1}
 maxrun 20.000
 action 1.0 syslog priority critical msg "ALERT: Site 1.1.1.1 is down"
!
rtr5sh event manager statistics policy

                                       Average        Maximum
No.  Class     Triggered   Suppressed  Run Time       Run Time       Name
1 applet 0 0 0.000 0.000 SITE-DOWN
 event {} ipsla

Any ideas? I'm at a loss at this point. Upgrading to a newer version of IOS-XE is in the cards, but won't happen immediately.

Thanks,

-- Stephen