Hi,

Had an issue earlier where a sup720 stopped responding to SNMP traffic, data 
plane was fine.

When I did the span-the-rp dance, I saw this:

08:26:23.948884 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 113, id 766, offset 0, flags [none], proto TCP 
(6), length 48)
    x.x.x.x.3072 > y.y.y.y.80: Flags [S], cksum 0xa6af (correct), seq 
417576457, win 8192, options [mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
08:26:23.948885 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 114, id 766, offset 0, flags [none], proto TCP 
(6), length 48)
    x.x.x.x.1024 > y.y.y.y.80: Flags [S], cksum 0x6e09 (correct), seq 
2205312329, win 8192, options [mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
08:26:23.948885 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 113, id 766, offset 0, flags [none], proto TCP 
(6), length 48)
    x.x.x.x.3072 > y.y.y.y.80: Flags [S], cksum 0x16ef (correct), seq 88033891, 
win 8192, options [mss 1460,nop,nop,sackOK], length 0
08:26:23.948886 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 114, id 766, offset 0, flags [none], proto TCP 
(6), length 48)
    x.x.x.x.3072 > y.y.y.y.80: Flags [S], cksum 0x02c

Is this being punted because of the options field? Is there a best practice to 
limiting this kind of traffic? This is most likely some sort of DoS attack I 
would guess.

Thanks,
-Drew
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to