Dear all,

Let's assume a scenario where there is a Service Provider running a converged MPLS network, supporting 8 class QoS model. Within this model there is a dedicated class for provider's network control traffic. Now, we want to purchase a L2VPN circuit from this provider and run our own routing protocol on top of it, along with our regular enterprise traffic. Service Provider has a hierarchical color-aware policing on ingress and non-conforming traffic within a class will be remarked to best effort.

What is the best practice for mapping enterprise network control traffic to Service Provider CoS, assuming they don't have a separate, dedicated queue for that purpose?

Many thanks,
Marcin