On 2/23/23 21:34, Phil Bedard wrote:

The original question was around an Internet border router with 10G support.   We have devices like the 55A2-MOD-SE which is similar to some other vendor devices (somewhat of a reference Broadcom design) which we’ve seen be very popular in border router deployments where you do not need a ton of bandwidth.

I think the OP came back to clarify that they need a 100Gbps-based router.

XRd runs in a container with very little memory, it doesn’t always have to be “fat”.   In fact some of the smaller 540 systems have very little RP memory.

Not so much the memory footprint of the OS, but really, it's rather verbose architecture for high-touch areas like the Metro, for which the NCS540 was to replace the ASR920.

Mark.