I've built a simple auto attendant which the staff forwards to after hours:
1-staff directory; 0 for general mailbox.  0 works.  When I press 1 (which is a
voice enabled directory), say the person's name, I am redirected to their
extension, but I never get to their mailbox.  The call is redirected back to
the auto attendant.  This is a call initiated from outside of the organization.
 If I call the auto attendant inside, same result.  If I have someone
physically perform a transfer to the auto attendant, it works.  I get the
extension and eventually hit the mailbox.

I have gone as far as call forwarding someone's phone directly to voicemail, in
additional to call forwarding to a cell phone, and if no physical transfer is
performed, I hear the auto attendant again.  I've changed the CSS to be wide
open with no success.

If no call forwarding is done on the main phone (ie it rings until the AA
answers) - same.  Without a person physically transferring to the AA, the
caller will hear the AA over and over again.

I've rebuilt both the call handler and the directory handler.  I have turned of
the voice enabled option in favor of dial by name.  Same result.

The version CUCM/CUC 10.5.2.12900-14.  I should mention that the connection
between CUCM and CUC is a SIP trunk.  Could this be a bug (in my head)?

TIA if you have an additional ideas.

Aaron