Does anyone have a working configuration of using a third party SIP softphone
with TLS? I have it working with Cisco phones and Jabber, but am trying to get
a third party client working. I'm on CUCM 12.0.

So far, I'm running into an issue with the TLS handshake. The client is using
TLS 1.0, and I confirmed that my CUCM nodes do support 1.0. I've put the
CallManager cert in the trusted root (local machine) on the Windows client.
When attempting to register the client, CUCM gives an error "peer did not
return a certificate." That led me to think that I would need to get a signed
cert uploaded as a CM-trust cert. I opened a ticket with TAC to ask if that's
the case (would rather not have to do a client cert if I don't need to) and
they suggested I may not need one. I haven't been able to get more out of them
on this yet (after a week), so I figured I'd ask here.

Tim Johnson
Voice & Video Engineer
Central Michigan University