From: cisco-voip <cisco-voip-boun...@puck.nether.net> On Behalf Of Jason Aarons
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2021 4:26 PM
To: JASON BURWELL <jason.burw...@foundersfcu.com>
Cc: cisco-voip <cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>
Subject: [External] Re: [cisco-voip] Faxing over CUBE SIP Trunks

The providers should support t38 to be reliable.

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021, 2:27 PM JASON BURWELL via cisco-voip
<cisco-voip@puck.nether.net<mailto:cisco-voip@puck.nether.net>> wrote:
Can anyone offer some guidance doing faxing over SIP Trunks? Ever since
switching to CUBE SIP trunks I’ve been having challenges with outbound faxes.
With one provider, it rarely works, the other it works most of the time but is
not reliable. Sometime it fails and I resend it and works fine. I have an
Xmedius Fax Server using T38 with G711 fallback. Feel like I am missing
something, I’ve had a few cases open and a mix of fingerpointing
(XMedius/Cisco/Provider) and dead ends but no solid resolution. Just figured
I’d ask out here before I escalate these cases again. Both providers use G711
codec on the trunks. When I point the calls pack to MGCP PRI I have no issues.

Thanks
Jason