One more thing to watch out for is incompatible VIB files upon upgrade attempt.
I believe the solution is to delete those VIBs and then upgrade. Then reconcile
again using ucshwtool

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system/cisco-custom-iso-upgrade-to-esxi-6-5-conflicting-vibs-error/td-p/3780417

Credit goes to Anthony Holloway for first alerting me to this. And for
reminding of the link. ;)

Sent from my iPhone