Digicert have killed the fact you could issue a cert for host.sub.example.com on your *.example.com wildcard, instead they want to charge you extra for those hosts so now I'm shopping around. The good news is there's now other places that will do wildcards with unlimited reissues (which most call "unlimited server licenses").

I tried Comodo/Sectigo Positive Multi Domain Wildcard SSL which can even have multiple wildcards on the one certificate, but it only accepts CSRs for *.example.com, which UCM/UC/IM&P won't generate. But perhaps that's a limitation of the reseller I used. They also have the Comodo/Sectigo Multi Domain SSL Certificate (FLEX) which lets you have host SANs, but will charge you for each one.

Anyone had success with any other CAs recently?

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer