Re using back-to-back CSU/DSUs:

> From: Daniel Cotts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

> Can do! On the telco side CSU/DSUs have either an 8-pin RJ-45
> type jack or a 15-pin D type connector.
>
> If an RJ-45:
>  T-1s use pins 1&2 and 4&5. 56k lines use pins 1&2 and 7&8.
> So for a T-1 to
> two port (jack)
> surface mount box and make the swap between the jacks. Then I
> use standard
> patch cords between the CSUs and the swap box.
>
> The 15-pin connectors may have adapters to either RJ-45 jacks
> or plugs. Check the manufacturer of your box, if necessary.

Like the guy says -- works nice, and lets you play with
a few settings you won't be able to, with just a DB60 DTE/DCE
cable.

One thing to watch out for is that you may have to set one
CSU/DSU to 'clock internal' and the other to 'clock loop'
(or the same effect, in slightly different phrasing...)

Without this - and in the absence of clock from the telco
switch - the two boxes may/will probably 'lose sync' and
the line drop out.   In my experience, eh.

If you had a telco switch, you'd just set 'clock loop' on
both, to take clock from the switch, etc.

HTH: sorry & shout me if not ;-)

Tone