From: Wong, Van [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 2:19 PM
To: 'E. Carolina Arias S.'; Jonathan Hays
Cc: Schmendrick Dawes; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: CCIE review....

> > 1)Who handles retransmission between two ethernet hosts over HDLC serial
links if there is a line hit? Router or hosts?
Ethernet hosts do not do retransmissions.  (except for LLC2 connections)
Higher Level Layers handle the retransmissions...  So it's a terminology
question, if they mean "TCP/IP" hosts, then the hosts do retransmit the
"packet".

> > 2)What are some typical reasons that a Lec could fail to find a lecs in
ATM LANE?
Incorrect LECS address specified.

> > 3)What does a star (asterisk *) next to the S mean in a routing table?
* means candidate default network.  In the case of *S, the static route is a
candidate default route.

> > 4)How does IPX queuing work with STUN?
STUN is for sdlc traffic so I don't see any affiliation with IPX queuing...