Sir,
My name is Waqas ul haq and i belong to Pakistan.I have done computer
systems engineering from NED University of engg & tech Karachi
Pakistan.Other than that i am a MCSE , MCSE+I, MCDBA,& CCNA.i AM working in
a reputable ISP & Network Solution provider.We have Access Server
5300,catalyst 2900, csu/dsu,7200 back bone router,Wan interface cards  etc.i
want to ask about the CCIE written exam.what are prerequisites for this
exams.can i appear in the paper without giving CCNP.i have come to know that
one can appear in CCIE  by reading 4-5 books plus  hands on training.right
now i have following books.

1 CISCO CCIE FUNDAMENTALS -NETWORK DESIGN AND CASE STUDIES BY CISCO PRESS
2 ROUTING TCP/IP BY CISCO PRESS
3 ROUTERS BRIDGES AND SWITCHES FOR CCIEs BY BRUCE CASLOW
4 ADVANCED IP ROUTING WITH CISCO NETWORKS BY BILL BURTON,WILIAM
BURTON,TERRY SLATTERY
5 CCIE PREP by LOUSI ....( iam not sure about the author name)
6 CISCO CCIE STUDY GUIDE BY ROOSEVELT GILES

i cannot afford to give ccnp first and then ccie because of financial
problems.Please reccomend me the right path to do CCIE.can i appear in ccie
by studying just these books.it would be very kind of you if you give me
some names of the books and the path to CCIE.PLEASE dont refer any links as
it doesnt clears my mind.And one more thing ,when is CCIE Written exam
expiring as ccnp & ccna are expiring in july 2000.Please reply a.s.a.p.

THAKING YOU

WAQAS