Hi guys,

I know what is a Router, a Switch and ATM . But I'm having difficulty
translating this into layman (management/HR) terms and how that fits into a
Network Engineer position  . I know this sounds dumb, but hey you know
management !

e.g. I basically need a description of the skills in Router ? Switches ? ATM
?

What is the significant to the computing industry and to a network or
application ?

Why it is necessary to have the skills in this area to support a IT
department ?

 Could anyone provides me with some inputs ?

Thanks !!