Tony ,

Do you see many throttles on a sh interface xxx
output?
When the hold-queues get filled I expect the
interfaces to go down/up because of keep-alive
failures .
( on the tokering you can safely test this by putting
on the 'debug token event' )

Try to figure out what is filling the input
hold-queues .
When you see the queues getting filled use ;
( if the queue is filling up to quickly you can
increase the input holdqueue to buy more time to enter
the command )

sh buffers input-interface X/X dump

This could give you a direction to look .

Is there fancy queueing enabled on the interface ?
Can you post a sh buff output ?

By the way 12.0.5 images are deferred for 3660 .
Use something else :)

flem

--- Tony Noll <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Our 4700 just failed and we just put a 3360 in
> service in its place. It has
> 12.05 of the IOS. Everything looked OK for a while
> until the Token Ring and
> Ethernet interfaces started to fail. It seems that
> the input queues fill up
> over time and once they are full the router drops
> all packets trying to come
> in that interface. There does not seem to be an
> inordinate amount of traffic
> on any of the interfaces. The CPU is consistantly at
> 1%. If you increase the
> size of the input queue on the interface you buy
> yourself some time but in
> the end it will eventually fill up. Has anyone seen
> this problem? Does
> anyone have any insight?
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Tony