I have a Linux box running Redhat 6.2 and I have 2 Nic's inside , they are
both configured and I can ping them both form the root prompt? the eth0 is
10.1.1.30 and
eth1 is 3.1.1.30 they are both gateways address. The question I have how to
setup the Linix router, I have RIP services install and it is running with no
problem at all. What do I need to do very simple to get them talking to each
other

Eth0 gateway is 10.1.1.30

Eth1 gateway is 3.1.1.30

the one Host on the Eth0 segment is 10.1.1.2 with a gateway address of
10.1.1.30

the other Host is on the Eth1 segment is 3.1.1.2 with a gateway address of
3.1.1.30

The 10.1.1.2 host can't ping the Host on the Eth1 3.1.1.2 network segment

The 3.1.1.2  host can't ping the Host on the Eth0 10.1.1.2 network segment
either?

can someone please in a few steps tell how I can use the rip services to have
them talking to each other.

I did a cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward   and I get a 0 not a 1, were do I
turn on ip_forwarding at?

Thanks..

Brian

Brian