From: Edward Moss [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 10:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Routing or Bridging?

First... you said TCP/IP only environment.  Since you are not using a
non-routed protocol, I would route and not bridge.  Bidging might make your
windows environment easier to configure, but I believe that the overhead may
saturate the link.

For name resolution, I would try to use only DNS, and not WINS.... otherwise
you would need to ensure a WINS server is set up on each side of the link
and they replicate their databse.  Also every NT/Win9x workstation will need
to have their services modified to prevent them from becoming a browse
master on the segment.   Without a WINS server on each site, I dont believe
you will be able to use Network Neighborhood to see resources on the other
side of the link.

Ed Moss
CCNP, CCDA