From: Aaron K. Dixon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2000 9:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: FTP and Telnet

You can do this if you are actually running NAT.  You will need to provide a
static mapping.  If you are running PAT instead of NAT then I don't know of
a way to do this because all machines are sharing a single ip address.

Regards,
Aaron K. Dixon

"study" < [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote in
message 001c01bfc0c3$14b623e0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001c01bfc0c3$14b623e0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<001c01bfc0c3$14b623e0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:001c01bfc0c3$14b623e0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]> ...
Good day:

    I am having a delemia in that I need to be able to ftp to a site and
also telnet from the outside to a box that is using NAT to communicate with
the outside world.  Now my basic understanding of this would be that if you
NAT it keeps up with all incoming and out going ports.  I was told by 2
cisco reps that with FTP and or Telnet traffic that this cannot be done.  If
anyone has set this up would you please enlighten me as to the process that
I need to take?  Also, if that is not the case and you cannot do it for some
odd reason is it possible to tell the router that any packets coming to this
address on such and such port just foward to this box and have communication
work that way?  If it makes any difference I am trying to do this with a
Cisco 3640 running IOS 12.0.7 t.

Thanks for your time and help.
Damon