Hi Guys,

I was playing around with our internal network routers and found something puzzles me. We have one 2502 and one 1501 connected each other via serial interface using ISDN terminal adaptors on DDR configuration. Both the routers are running ver 11.01 software. Encap on the serial line is HDLC and ethernet is ARPA.

When I tried sh cdp neighbors  on local router (2502) it doesn't list the remote router while I can telnet in to the remote router. So I tries to enable cdp on the serial interface and I am getting the following message.
"cdp not supported on this interface or this encapsulation"

As far as I know cdp is supproted on serial interface as well as hdlc.Can anyone tell me what is going on ?

Thanks in advance

Manoj.