First off, Interconnections: Second Edition by Radia Perlman is one of the
few must read texts on the market today.  Not only is it incredibly
informative, Radia's wit and unique perspective make it very readable.

Beyond that, I would simply look for the spec's on the IEEE Std 802.1D
specification which describes the IEEE STP spec.  Keep in mind the DEC and
IBM specs also float around.  The only rfc's that I am aware of are
targetted at the management of STP bridges.

Peter V

On 5/20/00 at 4:48 PM Deepak Sharma wrote:

>Hi
>
>does anyone have or know the website were i can find a white paper on
>Spanning Tree Protocal.  I know she has a book called
>"interconnections", but i don't need all that information.
>
>Just a plain simple RFC/whitepaper on Spanning tree Protocal.
>
>thank you in advance...
>
>Deepak

-------
Peter Van Oene