Thanx for ur reply Guilherme,

     We have tried FTP during different times of the day from different
desktops and servers...... These servers provide better throughput on other
point to point lines.

     Well, we only suspect that our ISP could have done some traffic
shaping to limit FTP to a certain limit. But I am not too sure how they
could do it on a per session basis.. I know we can restrict traffic not to
peak beyond a certain limit for a given protocol, but if this alone is
done, then simultaneous File transfers would have hampered the throughput
of all the sessions. The throughput remains the same irrespective of the
number of sessions opened simultaneously........

Venkat

"Spolidoro, Guilherme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 23/05/2000
16:27:50