Okay.

I hope this is an appropriate subject for this group.

I just recently bought a cisco 4000 to get some hands-on.

What would you recommend to get this box up to a decent IOS version?
What is the best source for ram/flash/ios upgrades?

I realize I could research this myself, but if ten of you have done it
before, hopefully you could prevent me from reinventing the wheel...

Thanks for your help!

The bootup shows the following:

4000 Software (XX-K), Version 9.1(7), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Compiled Mon 23-Aug-93 01:13 by kmac

cisco 4000 (68030) processor (revision 0xA0) with 4096K/1024K bytes of
memory.
Processor ID 5058789
DDN X.25 software, Version 2.0, NET2 and BFE compliant.
Bridging software.
1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface.
4 Serial network interfaces.
2048K bytes of flash memory on embedded flash (in XX).

Booting network-confg ... [timed out]

Booting serenity4000-confg ... [timed out]

Press RETURN to get started!

%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console ()
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Ethernet0, changed state to up
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial0, changed state to administratively down
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial1, changed state to administratively down
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial2, changed state to administratively down
%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Serial3, changed state to administratively down
%SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted
serenity4000>