My question is comparing exec time-out and dialer idle-timeout.

If you want some a dialer to drop after a period of time, you would
configure dialer idle-timeout.

If someone dials into a access-server (into a line) how do you configure a
idle time-out on the server side. I only found a exec time-out command. I
know it works when you are accessing the router itself, but does it work
when the access server is only providing an access method? In other words,
is a dial-in considered an exec process, and therefore subkect to exec
commands?

Thanks

Scott Meyer
CCNA, CCDA, MCSE, etc