If you use Outlook/Outlook Express (and for that matter, any good e-mail
client), you can set up filters where all incoming messages containing the
phrase "Out of office" is either deleted or sent to a particular folder.

In Microsoft Outlook:
1. Click on Tools --> Message Rules ---> Mail --> New. This dialog box is
divided into three parts - a). Select COnditions for your rule b) Select
Actions for your rule c) Rule Description
2. In CONDITIONS - Select "When the Subject line contains specific words"
3. In ACTIONS - Select "DELETE IT" or "MOVE TO SPECIFIED FOLDER"
4. In the RULE DESCRIPTION - click on the underlined blue words "Contains
Specific Words".
5. In the dialog box that opens, enter the words "Out of Office". Click OK.
6. If you've selected "MOVE TO SPECIFIED FOLDER" instead of Delete, click on
the underlined words "Move to a Specifed Folder". Enter the name of the
folder you want to move these messages to. If you selected DELETE, skip this
step.
7. Give the Rule a name, save it and you're done!!

This will also delete any Out of Office messages you get from people not on
this list - your colleagues, friends / associates, etc.

Outlook has the same feature under TOOLS - RULES WIZARD with very minor
differences in the interface. Once you get the hang of it and understand the
concept, you could do it in any e-mail client that supports message
filtering, based on different parameters like Sender's Name, Subject, Body,
>From E-mail Address, etc. etc....

Hope this helps...

As an internetworking engineer, you're not really SUPPOSED to know these
things, but I guess most people on that level do!! One realization that
dawns once you cross the Microsoft shores is - there's a whole world out
there that does not use Microsoft software!

Bharat Suneja

"Dollard Morgan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> hey is any1 else but me getting totally spammed buy out of office
messages?
> i mean i might be good at networkign and all, but to be an expert in
Mailing