I do not know if his new book is out yet, so I will assume that you are
talking about the one for the 640-407 exam (CCNA 1.0).

If you are planning on taking the CCNA 1.0 exam, it should cover 100%, but
if you are planning on taking the CCNA 2.0 exam, you will need some
additional reading. I can suggest the official ICND course book from Cisco
Press which has 60 pages of VLAN and STP that you need to understand.

Todd's book is excellent no matter which of the two exams you choose, so go
ahead and read it as your first book. If you are a beginner however, I would
suggest that you read a little bit of literature about TCP/IP and Basic
Network Topology first.

I don't know about the lab.

Hth,

Ole