From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Blake Traister
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 5:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Freeware for router management?

I agree with Joe....for a c note, you get a decent little doo-dad that
you can
enumerate your important net gear onto.  You can even configure
notifications,
etc.

If you want FREE, I suggest getting mrtg. This thing rips, in fact I
know 2
major hosting facilities that set up little mrtg sites for their
customers.

The most valuable information is something thats easy for the dummies
in suits
to read...and mrtg gives that to s...its free free free...

MRTG:  Multi Router Traffic Grapher - http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker

You have to use snmp for it to work...but I monitor 12 routers and 100
switch
ports over 2 switches with this thing.

Joe Martin wrote:

> Whatsup is a great piece of software.  Whatsup Gold is what you get
when you
> order the NT version of Cisco Works for NT.  It used to be Castle
Rock SNMPD

> Standard whatsup is $99.  Free 30 day eval at
> http://www.ipswitch.com/products/WhatsUp/whatsup.html
>
> JOE
> CCNP, CCDP, and a few other things...
> CCIE Lab - May 27/28
>
> "Paulo Roque" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking for freeware (or shareware) for simple router
management.
> > I  need a simple software for windows that give me information
about
> > interface status (only up or down)  using a GUI to be used by
"operators
> > staff".
> > Does anybody know one?
> >

> > --