I have a situation where two RSM of cat5500 are running HSRP.
When I do ping to the virtual IP I get response on behalf of one of the
RSM (which is active). However, when I do an SNMP Query using the
Virtual IP I do not get any response. I do get SNMP response from both
of the RSM if I do SNMP query using the IP assigned to each RSM.

My question is why I do not get SNMP response on behalf of the
active RSM when the query is done with virtual IP.
Since Virtual IP do response to Ping on behalf of the active RSM.

Thanks

---Faheem