Rik,
  I think I can help you a bit here as I have a
Cat5000 w/ a WS-X5155 and a Sup I (5009 copper)
connected to an 8 port MMF LS100 in my lab, so it does
work just fine. If you have not purchased them yet,
make sure you get newer Sup 1's (there is a
difference) as the older boards use a custom (ie -high
bucks) Cisco SIMM. Or just make sure whatever Sup 1
you purchase has 20 meg on it (so you can run the
latest 4.5 code). You cannot run 5.x code on a sup 1,
so keep that in mind. Lastly, the dual PHY port ATM
LANE blade (like a WS-X5158) can't use both ports at
the same time (one is for redundancy), so save a few
$$$ and get a single port one. Lastly, you will need
an ATM router to do inter ELAN routing, and this will
get expensive quickly. Ah, the things we do for a
CCIE.
It is Saturday night and I might have missed
something, but I am sure someone will correct me if I
did.

Regards,
Frank Zahrt III, CCNP CCDA
NEC Senior Network Engineer
(yes, I have a new job! :)

--- Rik Guyler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to figure out what exactly I need for
> LANE in my lab and have
> some questions.  Here's what I'm considering: 2
> Cat5k/5002 switches w/2-OC-3
> ATM modules and a Lightstream 100 in between.  Do I
> need to get a Sup II or
> will a Sup I work for this?  What are the pros and
> cons of both?  I've
> checked CCO and I just don't really know what to
> look for.  Also, can I just
> use a single Cat5k with 2 ATM modules to setup LANE
> or do I really need 2
> chassis?  For that matter, could I use different
> ports on the same ATM
> module in the Cat for LANE?  I know I need a
> Lightstream in between for LANE
> but I am trying to trim the cost any way possible
> for the remaining
> equipment.  Any advice here would be greatly
> appreciated as I am out of my
> league when it comes to ATM.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Rik Guyler