Some routing protocols run right on top of IP, some on top of UDP, some on top
of TCP, and IS-IS runs directly over the data-link layer, so researching the
answer is a bit difficult.

Your best bet is to go to the RFC for the protocol of interest or RFC 1700,
the
Assigned Numbers RFC, as Chuck L. said. Also, check out books by Doyle,
Berkowitz, etc. Also, get yourself a Sniffer! ;-)

With that said, here's what I recall:

BGP uses TCP port 179
RIP uses UDP port 520

IGRP uses IP protocol type 88