Hi Flem,

I'm trying to find it.

I had a case logged regarding why there was no ISL of the new 2948G
switches we bought and the answer was that they now only support dot1q
trunking.

The link the case I opened is now no longer visible but I found the
following:

Features of 2948G, you'll notice only 802.1Q VLAN's and VTP Supported.
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat2948/inst_gd/01intro.htm

Hmmm.. I can't find any references on any statements just yet, but from
the discussion I had with the TAC during the case they said that they
were moving away from proprietory protocols where an equivalent was
supported as in the case of ISL and 802.1Q

Like most things I think we'll see ISL still supported in most future
releases but it's interesting that the 2948G definately has no ISL
support at all.

Darren