If you're getting a GPF, I don't see how it could possibly be the fault of
the router.  That would have to be an application problem.

IIRC, there is a difference between a standard cisco ping and an HP NNM
ping.  I think NNM uses alternating ones and zeroes in its standard ping.
I'm not really sure, but I remember someone on an OpenView mailing list
discovering an interesting problem where one type of ping would fail, but
the other type worked just fine.  This turned out to be a problem with their
T1.

In your case, I'm officially guessing application problem and you should
place a call with HP tech support.  You can also check here to see if your
problem is listed:

http://ovweb1.external.hp.com/servlet/kpr

Good luck!

John Neiberger, CCNA/CCDA

>  Hello People
>  We have a perculiar problem with a ping application on HP Openview to a
>  ethernet interface on a 7206 router that we use for our backbone.
Basically
>  we can carry out a single ping to the router's Ethernet interface fine,
also
>  ping from DOS ok. However when we attempt to do a continous ping from
HPOV