This would be entirely feasible, as Novell does something like that.  I would
like to see problems that requires multiple commands and starts the test taker
in exec mode.  That way, they show they can get around, and show they
understand.  The one line answers do not lend themselves to prove anything
except syntax has been learned.  Routersim seems to work well, and probably
could be licensed and modified to serve as in a test environment.  This would
add some lab-like feel to the tests and not cause Cisco considerable cost to
administer.

Novell currently has simulations in their exams.  They will open up
administration utilities and ask you to perform a task, generally about 4 steps.
However, they let you click around for as long as it took you to figure out what
to do (there is a time limit on the exam itself, so you could hurt yourself
doing this).

"TyRhon144000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 05/31/2000 11:39:23 AM

Please respond to "TyRhon144000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>