I see this books being used in 2 ways:

1. You are a very knowledgeable technician and you want a way to brush up
for the exam, covering the whole blue print in 2 weeks or so. No new
learning, just a refresher...

2. You are a "more junior" engineer and are looking for a way to speed your
journey toward becoming a CCIE. You hope to cram for the written, and pass -
even if by the skin of your teeth, so you can get to the lab exam.

Scenario #1 is perfectly legitimate. Good luck to those with that intent, I
hope that the book meets that need.

Sceario #2 is a recipe for disaster. Make no mistake, if you take this
approach you may pass the written, but you will certianly fail the lab,
repeatedly. This will become VERY expensive very quickly.

The CCIE written exam is so easy to pass compared to the lab that it is
almost a joke. Passing the written should in no way lead you to think that
you stand a chance in the lab. There are absolutely no shortcuts. To pass
the lab you must spend TIME working with the various technologies to be
covered. You must know the "issues" that surround interoperability of these
technologies and must be able to work around them without thinking. Not
there? You will not pass. Even if you do not do anything "incorrectly" in
the lab, you will run out of time. That is the reality. Scenario #2 above is
the fantasy.

Of course, that's just my advice... feel no obligation to follow it. The
more times you fail, the more Cisco earns, and the more my shares of Cisco
stock are worth. I don't care if you fail 5 times, but don't say I never
warned you... [=`)

Dale