I just bought the Cisco Press ICND book and I see quite a few new topics that
were not on CCNA 1.0:

Mapping business needs to the hierarchical model
Selecting Cisco products
Cabling the LAN
Cabling the WAN
What happens when you start a switch
Commands to get basic switch information
Configuring a switch from the command line
Catalyst 1900 operations
Configuring the Catalyst 1900
Extending switched networks with VLANs
ISDN BRI overview and components
Dial-on-Demand routing
Configuring DDR

Seems pretty different to me! I'm bummed by this because I offer an
"Introduction to TCP/IP Internetworking and Basic Cisco Router Configuration"
class that used to be just right for CCNA. Oh well.

Priscilla

At 05:49 PM 5/31/2000 -0700, Deepak Sharma wrote:

> the stuff for CCNA 2.0 is the same as 1.0 with some added features.....more
> subnetting and MAC stuff...but there basically the same....in the ICND
course
> we
> got a 2 cisco text books and the intructor just told us to memorize
> everything (
> yeah, no problem i said :)......and you'll be fine for the 507 exam...
>
> Deepak
>
> Sudhanshu Gupta wrote:
>
> > I have to write CCNA2.0 on coming 10th. Can u give me some details what do
> > they cover in ICND.
> > I am prepared for CCNA1.0 but as new one is out I will be writing that.
> > Please tell what are the topics covered in ICND. What are the books that
> are
> > to be refered?
> > -sudhanshu

JPEG image